Indepth Research Services is a capacity development and research services firm in Africa. They offer research support and capacity development programmes to development institutions and professionals in Monitoring and Evaluation, Data Management and Analysis, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing.
They are looking for a Web and Social Media Marketer to work in our marketing department and be responsible for driving online marketing programmes.
Purpose of the Job
Actively contribute to the management and up-keep of the IRES website and social media channels, including production, editing and maintenance of all content and copy alongside supporting and ensuring the delivery of all online projects associated with IRES marketing programme.
- Design, development and delivery of multiple e-marketing tools including the IRES programme website, email, sms/text and social media broadcast platforms, online techniques and packages to support and ensure all IRES related marketing projects and campaigns have the maximum impact and generate positive public and media coverage.
- Deploy social media in support of IRES Services, products, brands, and marketing programs
- Developing and executing an online customer acquisition plan designed to maximize site traffic and sales demand. These include paid and other search, affiliate programs, partnership marketing/content integration programs, email marketing acquisition and retention programs, e-newsletters
- Maximizing paid/natural search traffic and order conversion, while meeting cost per acquisition targets.
- Track and measure online advertising programs; designing test strategies and be creative to optimize results to understand IRES‘s effectiveness in terms of social media penetration and impact of social media on IRES reputation and perceptions of leadership and relevance.
- Managing and merchandising the Company website. These activities include visual merchandising, product merchandising, site navigation, transaction processing, onsite promotion management and site analytics.
- Act as the catalyst in moving IRES marketing into online and social media platforms
- Serve as evangelist on social media, responsible for articulating social media plans across IRES and helping lead their implementation
- Set targets and timelines for social media programs and key initiatives
- Develop a set of best practices and devise recommended rules of engagement and use the social media and evangelization/education opportunities to share best practices and knowledge, helping to build social media capability at IRES
- Support the design and development of various promotional and marketing campaigns, literature and materials aligned to customer requirements, in order to maximise the impact of all promotional materials produced.
- Ensure that the corporate standards set for the production of online corporate, promotional and marketing material and brand utilisation are adhered to, and continually provide guidance and support to employees at all levels in this regard.
- Proactively advise the Marketing Manager on new and changing marketing opportunities, and identify new and innovative e-marketing and promotional campaigns that will enhance the image of IRES and our relevant products and services.
- Degree in Business IT or a related area
- Graphic Design using Adobe Suite
- Knowledge experience and understanding of training and capacity development for organisations
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Understanding of online industry terminologies, Internet marketing strategies, search engine marketing, online promotions, creative, and email marketing.
- Must have a strong ability to communicate effectively and express ideas in a well planned and documented manner.
- An understanding of the online advertising space.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be extremely organized, detailed and result oriented.
- An analytical mind capable of learning quickly and adaptive to change.
- A comprehensive understanding of MS Office and Internet technologies.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with a wide range of public sector organisations
- Strong project coordination skills
- Strong writing, editing and formatting skills, ability to ensure all documents and training materials are designed to the IRES quality standards
- Ability to collect and monitor data and generate relevant and accurate reports for a range of audiences
- Able to develop and sustain good working relationships internally and externally and to be an effective and professional representative of IRES at local and national forums
- Working effectively as part of a team, sharing information and consulting when appropriate
- Extensive knowledge and confidence in working with Microsoft programmes, including Word and Excel
- Able to self-motivate and manage time effectively
- Organising the logistics for complex training and/or capacity building events
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application and a detailed CV before 31st March, 2014.
Note: Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.
P.O Box 104289 – 00101, Nairobi