The African Population and Health Research Centre (APHRC) is an international non-profit,non governmental organization that carries out high quality,policy relevant research on population,health and education issues facing Sub-Saharan Africa.
The suitable candidate is a creative tech savvy web designer with exciting new ideas on how to reenergize the Center’s online face using contemporary tools and designs to increase our website traffic and create more engaged users.
- Revitalize the information architecture and link knowledge products to the center’s program areas
- Develop site content and graphics by coordinating with copy writers and graphic artists,designing images,icons, banners,audio enhancements,etc
- Develop new ways to visualize and showcase our data focusing on new innovations in on-line communication
- Code graphic design projects into PHP files
- Manage links that enable users to share documents with friends and colleagues
- Create and manage an easy to use content management systems for the website
- Develop friendly on-line fund-raising options and work with the fund-raising team to develop new ways to improve this functionality
- Monitor performance and results identify and evaluating improvement options,introducing new technology and maintaining links
- Provide weekly website analytics by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends and then optimize and generate ideas to increase traffic through site
- Implement and maintain website enhancements, security privacy policies, user accounts,access rights,passwords etc.
- Recommend and apply user experiences approaches based upon the latest interactive trends and best practices in the Industry
- Degree in Graphic Design,IT or related discipline . Additional communications qualifications will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years relevant post-qualification experience
- Programming language aptitude
- Proven excellent graphic design and copy writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in creating info-graphics and or interactive web data visualizations
- Multimedia skills such as podcast or webcast editing,video editing are a plus
Web Graphic Design, Web Savvy,Planning,Web user Interface Design, Web programming skills, Illustration Tools, Multimedia Content Development
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications via email not later than April 4th 2014