A leading hospital in Nairobi is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
1. Chief Executive Officer
The successful candidate who will be working under an Executive Chairman and answerable to the Board of Management will be required to:
- Provide strategic leadership by maintaining relationships with donors, the hospital medical staff, the hospital employees, and the community to develop a compelling policy to drive the hospital to achieve its vision and mission statement by becoming a centre of excellence within the region.
- Display leadership at CEO-level oversight of financial management and forming conceptual strategies through recommending policy, executing fiscal procedures for control and effective utilization of physical and financial resources of the hospital.
- People Management: In conjunction with the hospital’s Human Resources department, provide CEO-level oversight to define roles and responsibilities, motivate and challenge hospital employees.
- Board Resolutions: In conjunction with officers and consultants, prepare reports for and attend Board of Management meetings which are the focal point of policy making.
- Corporate Responsibilities: The successful candidate should be knowledgeable concerning the specific policies of the hospital and apply these to achieve its intended goals as set out in the policy document.
- Annual Targets: The candidate will formulate an all-inclusive annual plan to achieve targets in joint consultations with the Board of Management and senior hospital personnel as the stakeholders.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct CEO-level supervision of senior hospital staff members, which may include the General Manager and The Head of Medical Services and other departmental heads, as well as administrative staff.
- Indirect supervision of all hospital employees, through subordinate supervisors employed by the hospital.
- Level of Supervision required: Subject to only very broad based communication regarding job responsibilities.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in business or healthcare administration, or a related field.
- Possession of a degree from a recognized professional accountancy discipline like CPA (K) or ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Proven minimum of 5 years’ leadership experience in hospital management.
Nursing Officer in Charge
Overall Responsibility: The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting and maintaining high standards of professional nursing care by planning, organizing, and controlling nursing care services in the hospital while ensuring consistent provision of efficient and ethical care to discharge quality nursing care.
- Supervise and control nursing staff including the preparation of monthly duty rota and daily duty allocation.
- Ensure that all policies, procedures, personnel, equipment and supplies are in place.
- Perform daily unit round to include all patient areas, patients’ processes and equipment in order to provide effective patient care through emphasis of the nursing process.
- Identify staff training needs as well as organize for Continuous Nursing Education.
- Organise and hold regular ward meetings.
- Keep inventory and maintain stock levels of all equipment and supplies.
- Bsc Nursing or above.
- At least five years working experience in nursing practice and ward administration in a busy hospital.
- Valid Kenyan nursing practice licence.
- Excellent PR and Communication skills.
Overall Responsibility: The successful candidate will be responsible determining whether vision correction is needed and prescribe eyeglasses or contact lenses where necessary to patients who consult our services.
- Diploma / Degree in optometry from a recognized institution.
- At least three years working experience in a busy eye unit/optical shop.
- Excellent refraction, soft/rig gas permeable contact lenses fitting, dispensing.
- Excellent PR and communication skills.
- High degree of honesty, integrity and can work with minimal supervision.
These are challenging positions with an attractive remuneration package.
Applications in own hand writing, including detailed curriculum vitae accompanied with a passport photograph, names and contacts of three referees should be forwarded by 15th May, 2014 to:
P.O Box 49010-00100