Abood Group of Companies is a diversified group operating in Morogoro, Tanzania. The group operates a large transport division with over 150 heavy trucks transporting petroleum products and general cargo to neighboring regions including DRC, Burundi, Uganda. The company is seeking to recruit a Transport & Logistics Manager for its transport division. The core duty of the Transport & Logistics Manager is to participate in the administration of the company fleet so that it runs efficiently, effectively and as economically as possible.
The Transport & Logistics Manager will be one of a team of people continuously monitoring and scheduling logging trucks for maintenance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority the Transport & Logistics Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Oversee fleet maintenance
- Obtain and maintain truck licensing and registrations.
- Obtain and maintain annual inspections
- Develop and report Daily, Weekly and Monthly Truck Turn Around reports for the Management
- Oversee proper use of fuel allocation to the trucks according to route planning designated for the trucks
- Maintain daily inspections
- Maintain work orders for the workshop daily.
- Conduct safety meetings
- Oversee and schedule repairs
- Maintain, log, and account for fuel and oil storage tanks
- Opening of work orders
- Researching parts availability and planning with central workshop
- Issuing requisition orders for spare parts
- Train, schedule, reprimand, hire, and terminate employees with the authority of General Manager and HR Manager.
- Scheduling leave roster and driver allocation under the instructions of the General Manager
- Responsible for shop safety
- Develop, maintain and adhere to disciplinary procedures, driver orientation program
- Ensure fleet achieves maximum turnaround and ensures loading, transit time and offloading time are reduced to a minimum and efficient.
- Supervision of the Mechanic Team and its deployment in repairs and maintenance for truck breakdowns on the route.
- Organization of a truck maintenance program that coordinates maintenance activities for the 150 unit heavy truck fleet. This includes the tracking and scheduling of maintenance for 150 heavy trucks spread across Tanzania and neighboring regions. It also includes reporting of vehicle metrics such as downtime, cost of operation etc.
- Oversees and approves administrative processing of paperwork required in the loading for cargo in Dares salaam (e.g., transit license, Truck & Trailer registration, Drivers license, etc.).
- Preparing and administering budgets for on road operational expenses, border fees, road tolls, driver allowances etc for route destination.
- Will be on call 24 hours incase of emergency, breakdown, accident, theft of cargo etc in order to take appropriate measures.
- As with any role, there may be other duties as required not mentioned in this list
Education: Bachelor level degree educated preferable in a field related to Automotive Engineering/ Transport & Logistics or equivalent.
- Effectively coordinating personnel and resources on various work processes.
- Analyze and compile information from various sources to make decisions or prepare reports.
- Identify and analyze problems, develop alternatives and suggest recommendations or implement resolutions in the day-to-day management of large fleet operations.
- Ability to use MS Office. (Knowledge in Mix telematics tracking software would be advantageous)
- Experience: A minimum of 7 to 10 years similar experience within a Heavy Truck Transportation function. Notable experience of managing large fleet of over 100 trucks is essential.
- Language: Excellent command of written and spoken English is essential. Fluency in written and spoken Swahili would be advantageous.
Submission of applications: Qualified candidates may submit their application by sending a complete and comprehensive CV and a letter of interest via e-mail to email@example.com under the reference Application for Transport & Logistics Manager (Heavy Trucks Fleet)