Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a state corporation undertaking research in forestry and natural resources.
The Institute wishes to recruit qualified persons for the vacant positions outlined below:
Technologist (Horticulturist) Job Grade RF6
Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake vegetative propagation for the Institute.
- To undertake agronomy of horticultural (tree) crops.
- Prepare orders for various types of plants and seeds.
- Prepare and implement proper nursery management.
- Build capacity of departmental staff and conduct demonstrations to clients/visitors;
- To undertake data collections and elementary analysis.
Requirements for Appointment
- At least a diploma in Horticulture from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years’ hands on experience in horticultural farm.
- Thorough knowledge of plant propagation and cultivation.
- Computer Literacy
Applications to be addressed to:
Kenya Forestry Research Institute.
P.O.Box 20412 – 00200 City Square
All applications should be received on or before 10th June 2014.Kenya Forestry Research Institute is ISO 14001:2004 EMS Certified