SCODE Ltd is a for profit social enterprise that focuses on designing, manufacturing, marketing and distribution of renewable and cleaner energy solutions.
It is a subsidiary of Sustainable Community Development Services (SCODE), a reputable grassroots NGO which promotes the adoption and use of renewable energy technologies and sustainable land use management approaches among grassroots communities in Kenya.
SCODE Ltd envisions itself to be the market leader in the production and distribution of renewable and cleaner energy products and services.
The current product portfolio includes Improved CookStoves for Households and Institutions, Solar Home Systems, Solar lanterns. Solar dryers, Biogas plants for Households and Institutions and consultancy services.
SCODE Ltd is currently looking for talented, entrepreneurial, dynamic, ambitious and innovative professionals to fill the following position:
Supply Chain Officer (1) Job Ref: HR – SCO – 05 – 2014
Position Overview: As a key member of Scode Ltd, the supply chain officer is involved in the procurement of goods, selling, and distribution of products for the Company.
- The job requires excellent organizational skills, a background in business or finance, a sound knowledge of market trends, and an awareness of a supply chain’s sales activity.
- He/ She purchases items for the Company, coordinates orders and shipments so that items are neither overstocked nor out of stock, and negotiates with suppliers to acquire the best prices for products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Place orders for supply of materials.
- Create an operational plan for recurring future orders.
- Consult with head of finance & IT to determine supply budget
- Ensure that all supply orders arrive on time.
- Ensure that all expenditures fall within designated budget.
- Review shipments to check for delivery errors or defective items.
- Assist in determining standards for quality control.
- Ensure that all products shipped to stores are up to quality standards.
- Process returns of any shipments of defective items.
- Manage inventory of supplies.
- Negotiate with suppliers for best prices.
- Oversee the transfer of goods from warehouse to satellite stores.
- Consolidate orders to meet consumer demands while optimizing route profitability.
- Consult with functional heads to create lists of new items to stock.
- Study demand forecasts to inform order and distribution decisions.
- Address and resolve shipment delays or concerns.
- Train and coordinate warehouse clerks /receiving specialists.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Previous work experience in the field is an added advantage.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of inventory management software.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Manage time efficiently.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task.
- Exhibit familiarity with company sales records and inventory.
- Possess awareness of market trends and new or competitive products.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Capable of reading and interpreting invoices and delivery notes.
- Possess knowledge of company’s customer base.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit ability to think creatively.
- Understand best shipping and ordering practices.
- Possess knowledge of product, manufacturing, and shipping costs.
If you believe you fit the specifications for this job, please send your application, a detailed curriculum vitae and all relevant testimonials stating current position, current remuneration, expected salary, terms of service, email address and telephone contacts.
All applications should provide postal, telephone and email contacts of three referees.
All applications should bear the Job ref as provided above in the subject line.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications will be 16th May, 2014.