Syngenta’s ambition is to bring greater food security in an environmentally sustainable way to an increasingly populous world by creating a worldwide step-change in farm productivity. Pollen Limited is a fully owned subsidiary of Syngenta Seeds B.V, in the Horticultural Industry engaged in the production of Flower and Vegetable seeds, rooted and unrooted cutting for the export market. The Production site is based in Ruiru and it seeks to engage competent individuals to fill in the following vacancies:
Supervisors – Post Harvest 2 Positions
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor-Post Harvest, the incumbents will be responsible for co-coordinating receipt of all cuttings in good condition, cooling, scanning of bags, sealing and packing as per the defined specification.
- Co-coordinate the allocation of duties in the pack house (URC receipt, scanning, cooling, sealing, sorting, packing, strapping, box labeling) and follows up to ensure execution.
- Will be responsible to review all packing boxes planning of specific order deliveries, ensuring bags are properly distributed in the boxes as per orders and there is efficient utilization of packaging materials.
- Maintain all relevant documents and ensure that all information is up to date.
- Enforce good housekeeping culture by making it a safe working environment.
- Prepare shipment documents by ensuring all the necessary shipment certificates are obtained from the various government authorities.
- Assist in all internal and external Certification audits.
- Assist in reconciling stock balances with usages for packaging materials in order to observe the set re-order level and enhance efficiency in their utilization.
- Coordinate induction and training staff to ensuring they understand the Pack house operations and procedures.
- Enforce compliance to phyto-sanitary & other local and international regulations.
- Observe compliance with all the temperature specifications to assure quality of cuttings in the Pack House and inside the delivery truck.
- Observes adherence to packing protocols and schedule to meet customer requirements.
- Accompany the consignment to the Airport and secure all necessary shipment documents to ensure that the consignment is delivered for the scheduled flight.
- Facilitates repairs and maintenance for equipment’s and machines to ensure smooth running of operations
- Enforce HSE rules and regulations and champions the implementation of the Syngenta HSE policy in all business operations.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualification and competencies:
- A degree holder in Horticulture/Agriculture Degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture or Agri-business
- Must have at least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office with excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess a proven track record of leading teams with good problem solving skills.
If you would like to be considered for any of these exciting and challenging roles, please write in confidence before Friday 30th May 2014.
Enclose your curriculum vitae containing an e-mail address, telephone contacts, qualifications, experience, remuneration, addresses of three referees and send to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.