Research Care and Training Program (RCTP) is collaboration between the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and University of Washington (UW).
RCTP leads the Family AIDS Care and Education Services (FACES) program, a comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment program working in 140 clinics in Kisumu, Migori and Homabay Counties, Kenya.
We have the following vacancies in Pith Moromo Study:
Position: Study Trackers 3 Positions
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Location: Kisumu, Rongo, Migori / Nyatike
Duration: One Year Renewable
Vacancy No. FN-029-05-2014
Position Summary: Reporting to the study coordinator, trackers will follow up on study participants who default their appointment dates or miss their visits, field work related tracing activities, updating clients appointment records, liaising with study nurses on a regular basis to identify clients whose appointment dates are due, ensuring retention of participants in the study, and regularly updating study coordinator on field study progress.
They will also ensure that participants go through the various stages of study visitation at the study site smoothly.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performing follow-ups on participants who have defaulted their appointment dates.
- Tracing study participants who have missed their visits.
- Updating participants’ appointment records.
- Regularly liaising with study nurses to identify clients whose appointment dates are due.
- Ensures that right strategies are put in place to ensure retention of participants in the study.
- Taking locator information details of study participants.
- Regularly updating locator information of clients who have changed residence and contact information appropriately.
- Act as a link between the study and the community.
- Ensuring that study participants go through the various
- Minimum: Certificate in Community Health, Social Work, and Community Development, Counseling or any other related field.
- Experience working in the community
- Must be keen and attentive to details and have ability to follow instructions and procedures properly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, Kiswahili and Dholuo
- Must be non-judgmental and flexible to mix with all cadres of people.
- Must be flexible to work for long hours and at times over the weekends
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Understanding of the local social and geographical landscape as well as the community required
- Currently residing or willing to relocate to the study sites
- Ability to ride a bicycle and or motorcycle and possessing a valid riding license is an added advantage
Applications must include the following:
- A cover letter stating current work (if applicable), current salary.
- A current CV with names and telephone contacts for at least 2 referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates and copy of the latest pay slip
- At least two recommendation letters.
All applications must be sent electronically to the email address below followed by hard copies which should be delivered or posted so as to reach the following address by 10th June 2014
Human Resources Manager
KEMRI – RCTP/ FACES Program
P. O Box 614-40100
Please write the Vacancy Number, and Position applied for on the envelope and in the subject Line of the Email.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, the Youth, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.