M-KOPA LLC is a mobile technology company established in 2011 after successful trials of innovative, embedded mobile services. M-KOPA uses mobile payments to offer consumer financing for energy products and services, targeted at off-grid users.
M-KOPA is seeking skilled and motivated Senior System Engineers to help manage M-KOPA’s servers and applications.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: ASAP
Reporting to: Head of Technology
- Responsible for the building, deployment and management M-KOPA’s servers
- Responsible for network and application security
- Responsible for ensuring our servers and applications have 99.9% uptime
- Resolve server or application related support issues
- Willingness to work shifts that may cover weekends and holidays
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience building, deploying and managing virtual servers using VMWare or HyperV platforms
- Experience working with cloud service providers such as Windows Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Demonstrated Windows Server Administration skills
- Demonstrated SQL Server Database Administration skills
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as PRTG
- Microsoft SQL DBA Certification will be considered a plus
- CCNA certification will be considered a plus
- MCSE certification will be considered a plus
- Linux Server Administration skills will be considered a plus
- At least 4 years’ experience in performing in a similar role
- Solid understanding of network protocols and services
- Experience dealing with server security issues
- Ability to effectively communicate and work closely with M-KOPA staff to determine needs and assist with system requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A generous and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate/s.
To apply, send an updated detailed copy of your CV and a cover letter expressing why you feel you would be an excellent candidate for the role to email@example.com with the subject “Senior System Engineer”