The Commission for University Education is a State Corporation established by an Act of Parliament, Universities Act 2012, to provide for development of university education; the establishment, accreditation and governance of universities in Kenya.
In order to strengthen its human resource capacity, the Commission invites applications from candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Senior Internal Auditor
An officer at this level will report to the Chief Internal Auditor:
- prepare audit plans, programs and budgets;
- review internal control systems on financial and other operations;
- develop strategies to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of operating systems;
- verify existence and safety of Commission assets;
- prepare audit reports to management and follow up on action taken;
- Review budget and budgetary control procedures; and
- Review revenue collection.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
- have served in the grade of Internal Auditor I, or in a comparable and relevant position for at least three (3) years;
- have Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Economics, Commerce (Finance or Accounting Option) Business Administration (Accounting Option), Business Management, or any other equivalent
- qualification from a recognized institution;
- have Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) or Certified Internal
Auditors (CIA) certification or its recognized equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
Salary: CUE 9 – Ksh.54,600 – 77,352 pm
If you meet the above criteria and you are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity, please send your application with detailed curriculum vitae with references and day time telephone on or before 18th June 2014 to:
Commission for University Education
Redhill Road, off Limuru Road, Gigiri
P.O. Box 54999-00200
The Commission for University Education is an Equal Opportunity employer.