Bayer Environmental Science is a department of Bayer CropScience, a division of Bayer East Africa, charged with the responsibility of non – crop vector control.
They seek to recruit a qualified and result oriented individual to fill the following position.
Sales & Technical Training Manager – Kenya – BES Ref No. 2014/HR/BES-001
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Operations – BES Nairobi, the Sales and Technical Training Manager will be responsible for overseeing our pest and vector control business in Kenya including training of pest control operators and implementing strategies to grow sales in this business.
Major tasks and responsibilities
- Train Pest Control Operators on product usage and application techniques to support BES product “PULL”
- Engage Key Pest Control Stakeholders and drive industry and product education
- Implement and maintain Professional Pest Management “BES Global Best Practices” and initiatives and programmes.
- Liaise and support the Professional Pest Control Brand Manager with a “route to Kenyan market” approach
- Develop a Key Account “PULL” strategy through our distribution network
- Support marketing in the creation of material for the various targeted stakeholders
- Identify Pest Control industry related market trends and drivers
- Seek and identify relevant Pest control customers to build database
- To position BES’s product range as the “product of choice” in the industry
- Build training presentations relevant to targeted stakeholders
Qualifications / Skills
- Relevant University Degree plus formal Sales or Marketing qualification coupled with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing and sales in the Environmental Science field with a preference in Pest Control and Management.
- Experience working (including training) with Pest Control Operators in Kenya in identifying pest control needs and the Pest Control Products Board in regulatory work
- Training in Entomology and/or Pest Control and Management will be an added advantage
- Exposure to the HACCP standards and requirements
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Basic knowledge of scientific principles and practices related to the Pest Control market and general Environmental Science markets.
- Computer literacy in all relevant computer programs.
- Effective writing, reading and presentation skills.
- Well organized and a high level of autonomy
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter, a detailed CV with three professional referees including daytime contacts (quoting the reference number on the application letter) not later than 16th May 2014 to:
The Human Resources Manager
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted