Nandi County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualiﬁed persons to ﬁll the following positions;
Road Inspectors 7 Posts Job Group ‘J’
Terms of Service (3 Months Contract)-Renewable
Salary scale: Ksh 24,662- ksh29, 918p.m
House allowance: Ksh 6,000 p.m
Commuter allowance: Ksh 4,000p.m
Requirements for appointment
- At least an ordinary Diploma in Civil Engineering or related ﬁeld from a recognized institution.
- Wide knowledge and experience in preparation of bill of quantities.
- Show administrative ability by being conversant with government procedures.
- Proﬁciency in computer literacy
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Roads Engineer, the inspector will,
- Provide assistance and information to the road designers, contractors and public concerning requirements of road construction standards and other applicable laws and statutes.
- Prepare the bill of quantities for roads works.
- Conducts sites inspections as directed to ensure that the works are compliant to the set standards.
- Prepare periodic progress reports of the road works.
- Prepare, maintain and organize inspection reports for all the completed works.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
All written applications, CVs, copies of certiﬁcates, testimonials and identity cards should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly indicating on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Nandi County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 802-30300
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Nandi county Public Service Board Ofﬁces (Former Municipal Council Ofﬁces).
In addition, interested candidates are advised to submit copies of letters of clearance from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Certiﬁcate Of Good Certiﬁcate
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
To reach the ofﬁce before the close of business on or before 13th June, 2014.
Important information to all candidates;.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.