Kenya Medical Research Institute / Walter Reed Project (KEMRI/WRP), HIV Program Kericho carries out HIV/AIDS research and provide care and treatment to persons affected in the South Rift Valley region. We are seeking to recruit qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Research Pharmacist, One Post, Vacancy No. 091 /14
Main Duties: The pharmacist will assist in the management of all aspects of pharmaceutical operations (e.g. pharmacy supply procurements; receipt; inventorying; storage; dispensing; accounting; disposing and chain of custody) relating to both research and clinical care programs at the HIV Program in Kericho.
- The incumbent will assist the clinical team by providing pharmaceutical expertise in the treatment and care of research participants.
- He /she will also assist in the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures that govern the pharmacy operations.
- The officer may be called upon to provide mentorship and training to members of the care, treatment and research team.
Other duties may include the following:
- Study drug admixtures, administration and/or monitoring.
- Adherence counseling/monitoring.
- Treatment modification.
- Assessment and Management of adverse events.
- Review of arising data queries.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with the pharmacy and poisons board.
- Experience in HIV /AIDS care and management, clinical pharmacy, and/or research protocols is an added advantage.
- Competence in computer operations especially MS office.
- Knowledge in computer drug database is an added advantage.
Other Skills Required:
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to train others.
Terms of service: One year contract, renewable as per KEMRI Scheme of Service.How to apply: Submit your application letter, resume, testimonials, copies of certificates and day time telephone contact(s) no later than April 11, 2014 to:
The Human Resources Manager
KEMRI / Walter Reed Project-HIV Program
P.O. Box 1357 – 20200; Hospital Road
Indicate clearly the position title and vacancy number.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.