Our client is an alliance of independent top tier African law firms. It is the largest grouping of its kind in Africa, with close working relationships across its members and an established network of Best Friends across the continent. Our client’s firms are committed to working together to provide extensive coverage and on-the-ground experience
Reporting to the Business Development Director, the holder of this position will provide support to the firm’s Marketing and Business Development team by carrying out comprehensive research on clients and potential client companies for lawyers.
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Providing Network and Firm lawyers with key information and analysis on existing and potential clients’ businesses and legal needs, helping to increase their competitive edge and ability to win business or cross-sell other firm lawyers
- Providing articulate qualitative interpretations to enable the attorneys have a competitive edge in the bidding/ response to proposals process
- Strategizing cross-selling activities by providing charts and spreadsheets in city-focused, geographical, company tree or other customized format
- Creating, maintaining and updating extensive collections of all network location city spreadsheets consisting of top public and private companies as determined and ranked by various market-specific business journals.
- Performing data and content entry for the Firm’s marketing systems; processing updates from Business Development staff, Attorneys, Secretaries and other functional departments, as well as external sources.
- Performing regular data and content maintenance for the Firm’s marketing systems. Conducting audits and running searches/reports to ensure the validity and timeliness of information.
- Documenting processes and procedures to ensure standards are met.
- Evaluating potential business and competitive intelligence resources the Network might consider acquiring for Attorney and Marketing Team utilization.
- B.A. in Marketing or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years previous experience in marketing and business development, donor research or law library consulting
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and various online databases
- Previous law firm experience is an added advantage
Send your application including a cover letter demonstrating why you are the best suited candidate for this role; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience and achievements, details of current and expected salary, a day time phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Friday 23rd May 2014.
P O Box 6416,
Nairobi, GPO 00100
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.