MicroSave is an international consulting firm specialising in financial inclusion with ten offices in eight countries around the world.
MicroSave intends to recruit research data analyst(s) to join its consulting team in Kenya.
Job Description: The research data analyst(s) will provide to support ongoing research work in key projects.
Key responsibilities will includes:
Data Analysis & Management
- Collaborate with field teams and monitor data collection process to ensure high levels of data quality
- Create, monitor and update data processing instructions.
- Monitor incoming field data, evaluate data sets and manage them in a robust database
- Help to determine outliers in the data analysis process using research theory and subject matter knowledge
- Conduct statistical analysis in SPSS and using advanced features of excel
- Produce robust research data for use in publications and support the development of final reports / publications.
- Author /Co-author of thematic publications to be developed from research data (Focus notes/Briefing notes)
- Actively participate in digital media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums etc.) to share information from research work
Required Experience and Competencies:
Experience: Clearly show how you meet the experience required in your application letter.
- Atleast five (5) years’ work experience in data analysis and management of large amounts of data using statistical software packages.
- Research work experience in the financial services sector will be definite advantage
- Experience in knowledge dissemination as indicated above
- A high quality of written and spoken English
- A high degree of self-drive, enthusiasm, flexibility and willingness to learn
- Diligence and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong field orientation and proven inter personal skills
- A strong professional demeanour
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and skills in use of statistical data analysis software packages (SPSS and excel)
- High analytical capability and report writing skills
- Knowledge of retail / mass market financial services is desirable
- Additional working language besides English and Swahili is an advantage.
- A minimum of a Masters level degree (or higher) in Research, Economics, Statistics or related field.
- Other relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Location: Based in Nairobi but with up to 40% travel within Africa.
Salary: Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and expertise. State current and salary expectations in your application letter.Availability: State availability (your notice period) in your application letter.Deadline: Deadline for applications is 4pm Tuesday 27th May 2014
Correspondence: Applications letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as Vacancy – Data Analyst Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted