Our client, leading insurance company is seeking a Reinsurance Manager to be based in Nairobi Kenya.
Reporting to the Director.
- Carry out the outward and inward reinsurance process in line with the guidelines and policies of the company.
- Compile a defined plan to carry out and apply best practice process to control and improve the outward and inward reinsurance book.
- Arrange reinsurance support for risks by working on submissions and looking into methods of risk redistribution as well as maintaining awareness of changing rating requirements.
- Produce outward and inward reinsurance information for business planning and strategic purposes.
- Ensure that the company maintains successful relationship with local and regional insurance and reinsurance companies and brokers to achieve an optimal reinsurance position on all lines of business.
- Ensure that reinsurance documentation is robust and maintained.
- Keep claims up to date with the current reinsurance position and work with claims and reinsurers on contentious claims to ensure a successful outcome.
- Produce monthly reinsurance documents including capacity report and treaty summary.
- Review treaty settlements, statistics, related reports and reinsurance details including profit commission calculations, as needed.
- Respond to inquiries from reinsurers, reinsurance brokers, auditors and participating companies.,
- Review reinsurance documents for completeness in accordance with negotiated terms and conditions.
- Monitor usage of reinsurers to ensure only those financially capable to meet their obligations are used.
- Advise senior management regarding application and usage of reinsurance and the market trends.
- Promote the company’s inward facultative capacities and services with the purpose of increasing the income and market share wherein the company becomes a reinsurer of high quality accounts.
- Monitor and review the performance of all inward facultative accounts and take the necessary measures as needed based on general business standards.
- University degree or equivalent. Minimum Dip. CII or an equivalent insurance qualification. 8-10 years insurance industry experience of which minimum 5 years in reinsurance in a managerial position.
- Exposure to and understanding of various classes of insurance business.and reinsurance markets.
- Thorough knowledge of reinsurance techniques and practices – both treaty and facultative.
- Familiarity with the regulatory and financial management framework of reinsurance business.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with an ability to develop working relationships with a wide range of internal and external personnel.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to think and act strategically and analytically.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Applications with subject heading re-insurance manager to be submitted to email@example.com by10th February 2014
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted