Our client, a 5 star hotel opening up in Nairobi would like to recruit a Purchasing Officer
- Ensure competent quality execution of all regular purchasing duties and administrative works.
- Maintain complete updated purchasing records/data and pricing in the system.
- Prepare reports and summarize data including sales report and book value.
- Schedule store visits and conduct competitor survey.
- Execution and monitoring of all regular purchasing duties.
- Coordinate with user departments and suppliers in the purchasing scope of work for projects assigned.
- Handling and monitoring of claims to factories and vendors for defectives, shortage, missing parts.
- Support relevant departments with quotations for the purpose of tenders.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Responsible for the preparation and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor and co-ordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure that all items are delivered to site/store on time.
- Source, select and negotiate for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services with suppliers.
- Negotiate for best purchasing package (in terms of quality, price, term, delivery and service) with suppliers and sub-contractors assigned.
- Should have had exposure working in a reputable organization preferably a chain of hotels which has a set way of doing day to day tasks.
- MUST have a strong hospitality background.
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics. Experience as a purchasing or administrative clerk.
Qualified candidates to upload their CV’s tohttp://recruitment.nftconsult.com/careers/index.php?m=careers&p=showJob&ID=708