Inades Formation is a pan African organization working in ten (10) African Countries viz Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Cote D’Ivoire, Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya, Togo and DR Congo.
In Kenya, the offices are situated in Machakos town – approximately 60 km east of Nairobi. They are currently looking for a suitable person to fill the position of
Project Officer – Community Advocacy (COA)
Project Objectives: To promote community awareness, change of attitude and involvement in decisions making process on issues affecting their livelihoods to reduce their vulnerability to climate change.
- Awareness creation among the communities on climate change, its indicators, causes, challenges and impact on their livelihoods and promotion of adaptation strategies.
- To promote farmers’ voices, participation and involvement in County, National and International policies that affect their livelihoods.
- Increase communities’ comprehension of the need to change attitude in land utilization, inheritance, gender roles and youth involvement in nature conservation & farming.
- Increase farmers’ interaction and lobbying skills to inform policy at the County, National, regional and International decision making forums.
Interested candidates should have the following qualifications and competencies:
- At least a university degree in Social Sciences or Development studies.
- At least five years working experience for non-profit organization/s in a similar position
- Good knowledge of advocacy issues as well as being conversant with the Kenyan constitution.
- Demonstrated experience in working with local implementing partners and consortiums
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of Kamba language will be an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent Coordination and organizational skills
- Proven track record on fundraising skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Should be results oriented
- A team player
- Having a valid driving license is an added advantage.
Roles and Responsibilities
- He/she will be in charge of project design, budget implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- He/she will be responsible for drawing annual as well as shorter periodic work plans and budgets.
- He/she will be responsible for ensuring that project objectives i.e. target communities are aware, change their attitudes on the relevant areas/issues and participate in decision making process on issues of public affairs affecting their livelihoods.
- He/she will be responsible for designing and putting in place monitoring system and tools.
- He/she will be responsible for identification and linkages/collaboration with likeminded organizations involved with advocacy work with target communities working with Inades Formation.
- He/she will be responsible for preparation, custody and dissemination of quality and timely reports.
- He/she will be responsible for realization of expected results and impact by participating communities.
- He/she will be responsible for the public image for all issues related to advocacy that the institution/organization chooses to engage in.
- He/she shall constantly consult and update the programmes Coordinator as well as the Managing Director.
- He/she will be responsible for Resource Mobilization necessary for operations of the project.
- He/she will be obliged to promote, and nurture good working relations (team spirit) among staff of Inades Formation Kenya.
- He/she will be responsible for advocating for peace in the communities participating in advocacy issues.
- Periodically liaise with Chief of Administration and Finance on programme funds (Budgets and Expenditure, cash forecasts etc.).
- He/she will be accountable to and reports directly to the Programme Coordinator
- Representing the organization at different forums.
If you are interested and meet the above criteria, kindly apply through; firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com
The Managing Director
P.O. Box 1905 – 90100
by 16th May 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.