Zinduka Afrika is Non- governmental Organization (NGO) has a job opportunity of a Project Officer in Mpeketoni, Lamu County.The organization will be implementing a project meant to enhance Mpeketoni community’s capacity in response to climate change through alternative livelihoods.
Key Functions: Project Officer is accountable for the implementation of Project, including various components of the project implementation for intermediate and final results achievements.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Implementing components of the above stated project.
- Identifying and Profiling of Community Based Organization (CBO) and other beneficiaries.
- Monitoring and Evaluating activity(s) budget, workplans and ensuring quality implementation of the Project.
- Prepare timely periodical reports and present monthly, quarterly and any other required reports of the project to the Project Co-ordinator in accordance to the set donor guidelines.
- Identify and enhance networking and collaboration in Climate change and alternative livelihoods.
- Supporting in Lobbying and Advocacy for mainstreaming of Climate change and alternative livelihoods in policies and plans in Lamu county and Kenya in general.
- Promote Gender equity in the project implementation process.
- Participate in resources mobilization / proposal writing for the purpose of Program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- At least a first degree in Social Sciences field and 2(two) years experience in project field a Diploma in Community development with 5(five) years experience in project work in an NGO.
- A diploma in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge in Climate Change and alternative livelihoods.
Computer Skills: Strong with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point.
N/B: Residence of Lamu County are encouraged to apply
A cover letter quoting your Current and Expected Salary and detailed CV with three referees should be e-mailed to the Administration and Human Resource Manager, Zinduka Afrika our email is: firstname.lastname@example.org send by 21st of May 2014.