United Nations Development Programme Vacancy Re-Advertisement
UNDP Kenya invites applications for the following position:
Closing Date: 15 May 2014
Organizational Context: Under the general supervision of the Deputy Country Director (Programme) and direct supervision by the Team Leader Energy, Environment and Climate Change Unit, the Programme.
Analyst analyzes political, social and economic trends and leads formulation, management and evaluation of programme activities within his/her portfolio, provides policy advice services.
The Programme Analyst will also supervise and lead programme support staff and coordinate activities of the projects’ staff. The Programme Officer will work in close collaboration with the operations team, programme staff in other UN Agencies, UNDP HQs staff and Government officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi- lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UNDP programme implementation
- Implementation of programme strategies
Management of the CO programme
- Creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy
- Provision of top quality policy advice services to the Government and facilitation of knowledge building and management
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Master’s degree or equivalent in Natural Resource Management, Environment, Economics, Development Studies or relatedfield
- 2 years of experience at the national or international level providing Natural Resource Management advisory services, hand-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling web based management systems
The full terms of reference for the position can be accessed on the UNDP Kenya e-Recruitment portal on the UNDP Kenya website – http://www.ke.undp.org
Notice: UNDP, as a matter of practice, does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
“UNDP is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing patterns”.