A relatively new company whose vision is to promote healthy living in Kenya is looking for a content producer on the internet.We are looking for long term writers to help us build a solid reputation.
Job Summary: Develop company blogs.
- Research and write articles in a conversational style, which engages readers.Interface with key departments (executive, marketing, customer service, IT etc.) to ensure blog content captures readers’ interest,
- while promoting company message.
- Maintain quality assurance, by open information exchange with customer service and marketing departments. Promote company objectives with each blog article.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform continuous enhancements and modifications to blogs.
- Assess new standards, technologies and trends, and formulate plans for future enhancement to blogging strategies.
- Produces a consistent visual image on blog(s) including maintenance of templates and image archives.
- Ensure images are delivered to the viewer at sufficient high speed and quality.
- Creates image links and ensure links are up to date.
- Respond promptly to blog comments and email
- Provide metrics of traffic statistics, reports and blog comment feedback to appropriate areas.
- Research, write/edit and create layout for new articles and features.
- Act as liaison between blog readers and corporation
- Write at least 3 blogs per week
- Interface collaboratively with web design team to insure cohesiveness between blog(s) and corporate web site.
- Develop and maintain plan for organization’s Internet presence,based on management priorities, policy directions, and goals.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Possess engaging “conversational” writing skills with a professional posture.
- Must be published by a recognized organization (on or off line) or have published blogs with confirmed reader visit statistics.
- High school education with related experience in achieving company objectives with blogging expertise.
- Must be computer and definitely Internet/search engine savvy to perform online research.
- Completed degrees from accredited institutions may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis, provided courses were taken in writing, marketing, business and psychology/sociology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to create, composes, and edits written materials.
- Ability to write simply with a conversational style
- Writing should be informative, but not verbose
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Strategic planning skills.
- Ability to include corporate objectives and mission throughout blog presentation
- Solicit feedback from internal departments and understand mission of key departments
- Ability to make presentations on blog feedback, metrics and comments at business intelligence meetings
- Assist management in Identifying opportunities, based on new developments in the blog sphere
- Maintain high ethics with blog presentation, content and daily work tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability towork effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Present professional, but friendly posture with blog sphere colleagues and throughout the Internet
- Provide management and key departments with intelligence from blog feedback, metrics and external discussions related to blog content
- Collaborate with internal departments to enhance blog features and presence
- Act as ambassador and liaison for company with the Internet community
- Develop collaborative partnerships on-line and off-line.
Please email us at email@example.com with any questions or to submit your resume.