An International Flower Farm is looking for a Production Manager. The person will be involved in the day to day planning, organizing, coordination and control of the production activities of the farm which will include irrigation, crop protection, supervision, nutrition, trials, and quality control aspects of roses in the Company.
Duties and responsibilities
- Planning and coordinating roses greenhouse activities
- Ensuring quality control of roses
- Production forecasting and meeting production targets
- Crop protection
- Understanding the implications of the weather and making contingency plans;
- Reinforcing company’s environmental, health & safety regulations in the field
- BSc Degree in Agronomy, Horticulture or other related field.
- 5 years or more experience as a production manager or assistant production manager of a rose flower farm of not less than 15 ha and with responsibility for all production activities including new crop establishment, general crop husbandry, crop protection and feeding.
- Thorough knowledge in usage and handling of agricultural equipment, chemicals, fertilizers etc.
- Must be process driven, self motivated, develop and work as part of a team and posses strong management, organization and communication skills.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh.100,000 – 150,000/= depending on experience
Send your up to date CV to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.