National Water Conservation & Pipeline Corporation (NWCPC) is a State Corporation established under the State Corporations’ Act Chapter 446 of the Laws of Kenya vide Legal Notice No. 270 of 24th June, 1988.
In the endeavour to execute its mandate, the Corporation is seeking to recruit suitable, self driven, result oriented and qualified individuals of high integrity to fill in the following position:
Job Title: Principal Internal Auditor
Grade / Scale: NWC 09
Vacancy No: NWCPC/12/2013-2014
Positions Vacant: 1
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelors degree in Accounting from a recognized University.
- CPA (K).
- Possession of a Masters degree will an added advantage.
- Professional membership to the institute of ICPAK /IIA or CIA.
- Computer proficiency.
- 5 years relevant working experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor, the Principal Internal Auditor duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Reviewing and developing audit systems, techniques and procedures and ensuring their effective implementation.
- Undertaking comprehensive audits on utilization of resources.
- Ascertaining correctness of accounting records.
- Preparing audit reports.
- Drawing up audit programmes.
- Preparing audit report queries and observations.
- Supervising, guiding, training and developing staff under him/her.
All the interested applicants must meet the requirements of leadership and integrity as set out in Chapter 6 of the Constitution, 2010.
The above position will be offered to the successful candidate on permanent and pensionable terms after a successful completion of probation period.
If you are interested and meet the above mentioned requirements, please send your application attaching a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified academic/professional certificates and testimonial, names and contacts of three (3No.) referees stating your day telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address on or before 30th May, 2014.
The Managing Director,
National Water Conservation and
P.O. Box 30173 – 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.