One Acre Fund is a non-profit operating in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to grow their way out of poverty. One Acre
invests in farmers to generate a permanent increase in farm income.
Job Description: We are seeking individuals to take up position in the organization as Payroll Manager.
The Payroll Manager will be a member of the Human Resources team and will be responsible for processing all employee new hires, separations, and changes into One Acre Fund’s payroll systems, and handling and processing of all benefit related transactions of the same.
One Acre Fund is looking for experienced, talented and candidates who are committed to making a difference in farmers’ lives.
Contract Details: One year contract renewable pegged on performance
Primary Duties of a Payroll Manager
Reporting to the HR Manager, the Payroll Manager will:
Manage the OAF Payroll systems
Train and Manage the Payroll Staff:
- You will train and manage the performance of payroll team.
- You will host monthly trainings, provide individualized feedback, and improve OAF Payroll Team’s capacities and capabilities.
- Develop and manage trainings and information sharing on payroll/benefits for staff
- Act as the primary contact with the payroll system vendor to resolve any software issues
- Act as the primary contact with banking institutions
- Act as the primary contact and communicate frequently with statutory institutions
- Approve all changes for payroll and ensure that changes are accurately entered in the system
- Approve all employee loan applications and ensure that approved loans are accurately entered in the system
- Perform quality-checks on the data entered in the payroll system
- Generate and manage all reporting from payroll department to districts, departments, and any other parties within OAF requiring payroll data
- Prepare and manage the monthly payroll calendar and ensure that staff receive payroll on or before agreed upon dates
- Prepare and remit staff statutory payments on time every month
- Develop and manage the system for receiving and tracking employee inquiries regarding payroll and benefits
- Prepare payroll related journals entries for posting by finance team
- Reconcile payroll reports to general ledger monthly
- Be responsible for relevant legislation compliance.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills.We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
- A minimum of a Degree, preferably Human Resources / Business Management and/ or related relevant academic qualifications.
- Must have at least two years of experience in Payroll Administration, preferably with local or international NGOs.
- Accounting knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Proven organizational, analytical, negotiating, communication (oral and written) and record keeping skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge and skills on data management and reporting
- Must be computer proficient
- Good customer service skills
- Honest, reliable and able to keep information discrete
- Able to work under pressure
- Accurate with an eye for details
The candidate must be willing to reside in Bungoma, Western region of Kenya
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible.
End Date for applications submission is 21st June 2014.
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Performance Based Incentives
Benefits: House Allowance, Loans including discounted farm input, airtime and transportation allowances
Career development: Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback.
Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund Kenya is an equal opportunity employer; both women and men are invited to apply.Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Email cover letter and resume to Kenyajobs@oneacrefund.org (Subject line: Payroll Manager + Place you heard the position)