The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) is a company licensed by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) to facilitate the trading of financial products through the provision of a trading platform for listed securities.
In line with this mandate, the NSE is seeking to recruit qualified, dynamic, self- motivated and results- oriented individuals to fill the following position:
Officer, Human Resources & Administration
Overall Purpose: Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources & Administration, the officer will perform human resources and administrative tasks in support of the human resource and administration functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Dealing with HR & Administration matters as directed
- Assisting with the development and implementation of human capital and administration plans and budgets
- Implementing staff training activities as scheduled
- Following up on staff welfare issues, including medical and transportation
- Assisting in preparation for interviews and recruitment as directed
- Assisting with staff performance management
- Staff leave management
- Facilitation of staff and departmental meetings and taking minutes
- Responsible for departmental filing and record keeping
- Facilitating effective communication with other departments as well as external organisations and individuals
- Championing initiatives aimed at enhancing staff morale and satisfaction
- Overseeing transport logistics and related monthly usage analysis
- Co-ordinating repairs and maintenance of offices and equipment
- Coordinating the provision of office services
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Human Capital Management or any other relevant field.
- Possession of a professional qualification in human resource management will be an added advantage
- Minimum two (2) years relevant experience preferably gained in a busy HR & Administration department
- Good appreciation of the Kenya labour laws
- Ability to maintain high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Considerable knowledge of human resources and administration procedures
- Possession of effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in area of interest through continuing professional education programmes
This is a challenging position that provide great opportunity for candidates seeking to grow professionally and to work in a highly dynamic environment.
Interested persons who meet our requirements should send their applications attaching detailed curriculum vitae, copies of their academic and/ or professional certificates and testimonials, email and telephone contacts and the names of three referees to the address below by Wednesday, 4th June 2014
The Chief Executive
Nairobi Securities Exchange Limited
The Exchange, 55 Westlands Road
P.O. Box 43633-00100
Dropping Zone No. 243 Revlon Professional Plaza, 2nd Floor. Kindly indicate the position for which you are applying for clearly.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.