Research Care and Training Program (RCTP) is collaboration between the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and University of Washington (UW).
We have vacancies for Mentor Mothers in the FACES Program:
Position: Mentor Mother 20 Positions
Position summary: Provide peer education and psychosocial support to pregnant women, mothers and their families; to prevent HIV transmission to babies; to promote maternal and infant health and to empower women to live positively with HIV.A Mentor Mother provides these services by drawing on her personal experience as an HIV-positive woman, her training and guidance from her supervisors and the health care team.
Key Responsibilities and accountability:
- Provide one on one peer education and psychosocial support to PMTCT clients and couples.
- Co-facilitate support groups for PMTCT clients and couples.
- Conduct defaulter tracing and home visits for priority PMTCT clients and those who cannot be reached by phone.
- Facilitate group pre-test HIV education for pregnant women.
- Co-facilitate support group health talks in facility waiting areas on key messages on PMTCT and MNCH.
- Refer PMTCT, MNCH and CCC clients for other services within the psychosocial support.
- Identify HIV positive clients from the ANC, PMTCT, PNC, PSC and at the Maternity.
- Describe the intervention to the clients, screen for eligibility and get an informed consent as stipulated in the study protocol.
- Use the SMS syntax or guide clients to create a text Message and enroll the client via SMS at the site.
- Ensure safety and confidentiality of client information, records and study documents and mobile phones.
- Prepare and present weekly reports during the weekly meetings.
- Support client linkage from ANC, Maternity, Post Natal Clinic and the HIV exposed infants follow up
- HIV-positive mother
- Lives within the local community of the facility catchment
- Recent PMTCT experience (6 months – 2 years)
- Has disclosed HIV status to at least one person within the household
- Minimum of form four education
Applications must include the following:
A cover letter stating current work (if applicable
A current CV with names and telephone contacts for at least 2 referees
Copies of academic certificates
At least two recommendation letters.
All applications must be sent electronically to the email address
below followed by hard copies which should be delivered or posted so as to reach the following address by 10th June 2014
Human Resources Manager
KEMRI – RCTP/ FACES Program
P. O Box 614-40100
Please write the Vacancy Number, and Position applied for on the
envelope and in the subject Line of the Email.
Note: RCTP or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not
solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be
considered for employment.
Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR
Any job applicant who tries to corrupt our employee during any stage
of the staff hiring process will be disqualified.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, the Youth, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.