British American Tobaccohave an exciting opportunity for a Materials Planner, working with the ECAA Supply Chain team.
Purpose Statement: The Materials Planner is responsible for establishing Wrapping Materials Requirements, placing purchase orders as per MRP System recommendations and monitoring movement of materials ordered from suppliers to the factory.
- He/She will also be responsible for Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) data integrity and inventory control parameters for optimal stock holding targets.
- Analyse the MRP system report output on weekly basis, and review action messages to ensure stability on material requirements and no adverse changes on material schedules that effects production plan.
- Continuously Monitor, Review and Update agreed material inventory parameters to achieve targeted inventory buffer stocks, inventory accuracy and data integrity to ensure targets are met.
- Manage processing of Purchase Orders, validate delivery dates based on the material requirements and Company stock holding policy.
- Implement and maintain supplier vendor schedules with both local and international suppliers as per Service Level Agreements and ensure reports/ data are maintained, reviewed and process improvement achieved.
- Monitor performance of suppliers on deliveries schedules, review and improve performance measures and ensure their payment is as per the agreed payment terms.
- Co-ordinate handling of material supply quality issues in conjunction with Packaging Development and procurement departments and provide timely feedback to Suppliers to ensure minimal material impacts on production and ensure system data integrity is achieved.
- Constantly monitor the movement of materials from suppliers, clearing & forwarding, and accordingly advice planning of any delays on materials that may affect production plans.
- Communicate to Production Scheduler any changes in material availability that could have an impact in Supply Chain ability to meet customer demand.
Skills and Experience
- A degree in Business Management or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an FMCG preferably in purchasing and supplies and/or manufacturing.
- Good knowledge in SAP – MRP
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal, analytical and reporting skills.
To Apply: visit www.bat.com