Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the livelihoods of the people of Africa, socially and economically, by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities.
With a strong foot print in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan, Equity Bank is now home to more than 8.7 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the roles outlined below:
Marketing Communications Specialist
Reporting to the Commercial lead of Finserve and to Equity Bank’s Communication Department, the role holder will be responsible for supporting the Management team across functional areas and manage the tactical execution of marketing communications projects.
In addition, he/she will be responsible for maintaining strict alignment between Finserve and Equity Bank in terms of marketing communication strategy.
Act as liaison between product management, sales, marketing, and the creative design team.
Effectively coordinate the development, design, approval, production, and distribution of marketing materials in partnership with the creative design team.
Champion the company brand identity across all developed materials.
Coordinate marketing communication projects.
Partner with product marketing managers to gather project needs and specifications.
Brief the Creative Services team in design, copy, image, and content needs in the development of sales tools, collateral ,advertisements, tradeshow booth graphics, events, websites, and other promotional activities.
Coordinate the adaptation and translation of marketing materials.
Support development of marketing and promotional materials for tradeshows, congresses, key opinion leader advisory meetings, and investigator meetings.
Act as a brand steward, upholding brand and trademark standards and consistency in all. projects.
Route materials for review and approval. by regulatory, legal. and other stakeholders.
Work with (print) vendors to establish quotes, production schedules, and delivery of materials to distribution vendor partner
Ensure department compliance with established standard policies and procedures.
Help setup and improve workflow processes when and where needed.
Manage external vendors and agency partners as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, business management or related field. Over 3 years experience in marketing or related function at agency or internal Marcom department.
- Banking or telecommunications industry experience preferred.
- International experience is an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Marketing Communications experience in copy writing, graphic design, or PR.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable with web-based project management tools and collaboration technologies.
- Results driven, proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Flexible, change embracing in rapidly evolving work and market environment.
- Ability to relate to and work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application with detailed Curriculum Vitae, quoting the job you are applying for by 6th June 2014.
Email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates wilt be contacted.