Turkana County Legislative Assembly Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following position. This is a re-advertisement in order to meet the minimum threshold of competitiveness after the earlier advertisement attracted only one person.
Legal Counsel, Ref: TCA/CAS/2014/04, One Position
The officer will be responsible to the clerk and duties include:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting of private members bills.
- Drafting of amendments to bills to be proposed to the assembly by any member or any committee of the assembly.
- Giving legal interpretation of bills and acts and advice on matters relating to the county assembly.
- Providing legal advice to the speaker, county assembly, assembly committees, the county assembly service board, individual members and the clerk.
- Ensuring that bills passed by the county assembly comply with the constitution.
- Legal representation of the county assembly and the county assembly service board in court proceedings or ancillary matters.
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor of law degree.
- Be an advocate of high court of Kenya.
- Be registered as a commissioner for oath.
- Be in possession of a current practicing certificate.
- 5 years minimum experience.
Turkana County Assembly Service Board,
Turkana County Assembly Building,
The applications to reach the office not later than Tuesday 20th May 2014 before close of business.