The National Council for Population and Development is a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency. The Council seeks to fill the following vacant positions:
Senior Management Accountant
Grade NCPD 5
Reporting to the Chief Accountant.An officer at this level will be deployed to head an Accounting unit within the Division.
Duties and responsibilities
- verification of payment vouchers
- assisting in the development and implementation of financial controls and procedures; reviewing out dated accounting processes and procedures;
- providing advice on financial policies as well as ensuring application of accounting procedures in all financial transactions .
- Supervision and overseeing training and development of staff under him/her.
Qualifications and Experience:
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have;-
- Served in the grade of a Financial /Management Accountant or in a relevant position for at least four (4) years
- A Bachelors degree in Commerce (Finance/Accounting Option), Business Management /Public Administration of Finance, Economics, Business Administration and CPA (K).
- Computer application skills; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Senior Population Programme Officer
Grade NCPD 5
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Population Programmes Coordination and M&E Division.The officer will be deployed to either a County Population Office or at the Council`s Head Quarter
Duties and Responsibilities
- responsible for collecting, receiving and analyzing programme data and assessing its impact on population issues;
- formulating and appraising project proposals;
- developing annual , quarterly work plans and plans of action;
- assisting in coordinating population programmes;
- dissemination of information to the public through publications, barazas, newsletters, mass media, shows, exhibitions, conferences etc; and,
- participation in carrying out population and development advocacy activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- must have at least four(4) years experience in the grade of Population Programme Officer or equivalent position in the Public Service or in a reputable organization;
- must have a Bachelors degree majoring in either Population Studies or Demography or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university:
- a Bachelors degree in any the following Social Science disciplines: Statistics, Economics, Sociology or any other relevant qualification from a recognized university with a postgraduate
- qualification in either Demography or Population Studies;
- must have a masters degree in any of the following disciplines: – Population Studies or Demography, Economics or any other relevant qualification from a recognized university;
- should have computer application skills; and,
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Terms of Employment
The successful candidates will be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above qualifications should send their applications including copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials, a copy of identity card, detailed CV indicating work experience, three (3) names of references and daytime telephone numbers to:
The Director General
National Council for Population and Development
P. O. Box 48994-00100
or our online job portal through our e-recruitment system accessible through URL: www.ncpd-ke.org/jobs/
so as to reach the Council on or before 23rd May, 2014.The advert number should be indicated on the envelope and the application letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.