Nandi County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified person to fill the following positions;
1. Re-Advertisement of Chief Officer – Health and Sanitation
(1 Post) Job Group ‘S’
Salary scale: Ksh 120,270- ksh180, 660 p.m
House allowance: Ksh 60, 000 p.m
Commuter allowance: Ksh 20,000 p.m
Duties and responsibilities
- The Chief Officer shall be the accounting and authorized officer in respect to the exercise of delegated powers and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Member.
- Implementation of policies and development plans.
- Development and implementation of strategic plans.
- Formulate and implement effective programs to Vision 2030 and sector goals.
- Promote National values and principles of Governance.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by County Executive Member or the County Secretary
Requirements for appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen,
- Be a holder of at least first degree preferably in Bachelor of Medicine & surgery from a university recognized in Kenya, those with a Masters degrees have an added advantage.Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than ten years in the specific portfolio applied for.
2. Legal Officers (2 Posts) Job Group ‘N’
Salary scale: Ksh 48,190- ksh65,290p.m
House allowance: Ksh 24,000 p.m
Commuter allowance: Ksh 8,000p.m
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The officer will be responsible to County Secretary for the following duties:-
- Providing legal advice to the County
- Representing the County Government before court and other tribunals in civil matters as need arises
- Drafting contracts, agreements, lease documents, memoranda and other legal documents.
- Keeping abreast of legal and policy developments
- Providing legislative support to the County including briefs on legislation as well as preparing amendments where appropriate
- Identifying strategic priority areas that require law reform and
- Undertaking legal research
Requirements for appointments
- Be Kenyan Citizen
- Be a holder of Bachelor of Law (LLB) from a university recognized in Kenya by the Council for Legal Education
- A member of Law Society of Kenya (LSK) with current practicising certificate (2014)
- Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five (5) years as a legal practitioner and;
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Nandi County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 802-30300
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Nandi county Public Service Board Office (Former Municipal Council Offices).
In addition, interested candidates are advised to submit copies of
letters of clearance from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Certificate Of Good Certificate
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
To reach the office before the close of Business on 16th May, 2014.Important information to all candidates;
- Applicants are advised to apply for only one position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.