The Kenya National Commission for UNESCO is a State Corporation established under the KNATCOM Act of 2013 which aims to contribute to peace and sustainable development in Kenya by promoting collaboration among stakeholders through five fields of competence namely: Education, Natural Sciences, Social & Human Sciences, Culture and Communication & Information.
To enable it fulfill its mandate, the Commission wishes to recruit dynamic, result-oriented and self driven persons to fill the following vacant position:
Senior ICT Officer, Grade KC 8 Advert No. KNCU-HR-ICT/1
- Assisting in the formulation, implementation and review of ICT policies, strategies and programmes in the Commission.
- Drawing up hardware specifications for ICT equipments;
- Verification, validation and certification of ICT equipments and overseeing the process of configuration of new ICT equipments;
- Carrying out installation, repairs and maintenance of ICT equipments and associated peripherals including drawing and scheduling preventive maintenance
- Carrying out systems analysis, design and programme specifications in liaison with users;
- Developing and updating application systems;
- Ensuring optimum utilization of available ICT resources across the organization.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this post, a candidate must:-
- Possess at least 3 years relevant working experience with demonstrable exposure to computer software development and management in a reputable organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science OR Information Technology (IT), Electronics/Electrical Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- Possess ICT professional certifications in either; data base management; website development; systems engineering; network administration; ICT security.
- Demonstrated competence in data base development and management, website development and systems administration & network administration; ICT security.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Senior Supply Chain Management Officer, Grade KC 8, Advert No. KNCU-HR-SCM/1
- Implementation of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and other statutes, rules and regulations and ensuring adherence to the laid down procedures, rules and regulations;
- Assisting in the formulation, implementation and review of procurement policies, strategies and programmes in the Commission.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and implementation of all Supply Chain Management needs for the Commission such as procurement, distribution, disposal of stores and equipment, supplier relations, market surveys and research, procurement planning and inventory and stock control.
- Preparing Supply Chain Management status reports and ensuring professional standards and guidelines are adhered to.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
- Possess at least 3 years relevant working experience with demonstrable exposure to supply chain operations in a reputable organization;
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and a thorough understanding of the supply chain management policies, rules, regulations and other statutes that impact on supply chain management
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following; Business Administration (Supplies Management Option), Commerce, Economics, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Marketing or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Possess a Diploma in Supplies Management or its approved equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Be a registered member of the relevant professional body; and
- Be proficient in Computer application skills;
Applicants should download the application form from the Commission’s website www.unesco.or.ke
Complete one (1) form KNCU 1A and mail or drop it at the following address;
The Secretary General/CEO
Kenya National Commission for UNESCO
P.O. Box 72107-00200
National Bank Building, 14th Floor
All applications should be received on or before 13th June 2014.