Girl Child Network (GCN) intends to carry out recruitment for the following positions:
Assistant Project Coordinator , One Position
Based in Tana River County
Reporting to the Coordinator – Wasichana Wote Wasome (WWW) project,
- he/she will support the coordinator to oversee implementation of WWW project in Kilifi, Tana River and Kwale counties.
- S/he will participate in development and operationalization of M&E plus other related project documentation and reporting tools.
- S/He will be responsible for Networking with relevant stakeholders at the community level
Requirements: Degree in Education, Social studies or Community development with a strong knowledge on education issues at all levels. Applicants should have a minimum of Three(3) years’ experience in a project management position.
Project Assistants, Two Positions
Tana River and Tana Delta Sub-Counties
Reporting to the Wasichana Wote Wasome or Educate A Child Initiative Project officers, she/he will support in the implementation of Wasichana Wote Wasome and Educate A Child Initiative projects with specific roles in community based initiatives in supporting girls’ education in the specific counties.
Requirements: Degree in Education, Social studies or Community development with minimum of two(2) years’ experience in a similar position
Legal Programme Officer , One Position GCN-Nairobi Office
Reporting to GCN-Deputy Director Capacity Development & Advocacy, the key responsibilities of the Legal Programme Officer will include: Management of the Human Rights & Legislation Programme.
Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) and an advocate of the High Court with a minimum of three(3) years working experience in a dynamic human rights / child rights based organization.
Have clear understanding on legal polices and frameworks that protect children and women.
Logistics Officer, One Position, Kwale County
- Reporting to the Operations Manager, she/he will facilitate Financial and Administrative operations of field office activities at GCN Kwale Office.
- He/she will also be responsible for Safeguarding of organization assets, maintains list of assets and ensure a safe record keeping of project documents and accounts documents
- Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree in commerce / Business Administration or its equivalent with a minimum of two(2) years’ relevant work experience in a reputable organizations; experience working with a Non-Governmental Organization and skills in computerized accounting packages.
Project Officers , Two Positions, Vihiga and Kwale County
Reporting to the Project Coordinator-Inclusive Quality Basic Education (IQBE) project.
- She/he will spearhead implementation of IQBE project activities at the community level in the specified counties.
Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in Special Needs Education with a minimum experience of Two(2) years in a similar/ related position.
How to Apply
Send your hard copy application documents in an enclosed envelop that include an application letter, a detailed CV and all relevant testimonials stating both the current and the expected salary to the
Human Resource Manager,
Girl Child Network
P.O. Box 2447-00200,
Top envelope to be marked with the title of the position applied for. Applications for all the positions close on Friday 16th May 2014 at 4.00 p.m.
Candidates from the mentioned project areas are encouraged to apply.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.