Our client is a leading General Insurance provider with a strong presence across Kenya and offers a wide range of products customized to cater for individuals, Private Companies, small and medium enterprises and cutting across different classes at competitive terms, coupled with prompt settlement of claims.
They are seeking self motivated, proactive and skilled individual of high personal integrity to fill the above position:
The incumbent is expected to provide Human Resource Management leadership in recruitment, reward management, employee relations, performance management, training and development.
The HR Manager will be expected to:
- Play a key role in setting up the HR function including putting in place systems and processes to guide the HR Unit.
- Update and enhance the HR policies and procedures manuals as appropriate, after review and approval by the C.E.O and the HR Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Lead in the implementation of a performance management process, and ensure clear and relevant annual objectives, conduct accurate performance reviews, and implement development plans.
- Conduct training needs assessments and develop training plans within the budget with specific focus on the requisite skills required to achieve set group performance standards and company objectives.
- Manage and control the HR departmental expenditure within agreed budgets.
Develop strategies for staff recruitment and retentions;
- implement compensation/incentive programmes and benefit plans, which are competitive and effective in motivating and retaining high performers.
- Coordinate and participate in the recruitment process for all new staff.
- Provide administrative support in the areas of payroll, leave, pension, medical insurance, discipline, gratuity records for all staff.
- Ensure staff are motivated and provide a forum for engagement with clear and transparent communication channels.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline and/or recognition of prior learning required. Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management from a professional body.
- At least 8 years of generalist HR experience; A sound knowledge of labour laws and codes of practice;
- Experience in working in the service industry and unionized environment;
- Competent in using MS Office;
- A track record of successful Human Resource leadership in driving people, organization development and change management.
- The incumbent should be results oriented, both people and
- business focused with strong leadership profile, ability to generate energy, communicate, simplify, mobilize, see the big picture and accountable and delivery-focused.
- Must have commercial acumen (business & financial understanding).
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to:
P.O Box 6416, Nairobi,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted
Closing date: Wednesday 4th June 2014.