Shining Hope for Communities has developed an innovative, community driven model to combat inter-generational cycles of poverty and gender inequality in Nairobi’s Kibera slum. Shining Hope for Communities invites applications from suitably qualified applicants to fill the following Position: Health Services Program Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all staff and personnel working at the clinic to ensure quality patient care and smooth daily operations (including but not limited to: dispute resolution, scheduling, disciplinary actions, employee concerns, etc).
- Directly supervises: Medical Coordinator, Lab Technologists, Pharmacists, CHW Coordinator, Records Keeper, and Receptionist.
- Oversee management and implementation of:
Community Health Worker Program
Women and Children’s Health Program
VCT and CCC Program
Primary Care Program
- Expansion of clinical programs as necessary.
- Maintain medical supply/drug inventory.
- Maintain drug and supply orders, from domestic private companies and foreign charitable organizations.
- Oversee the electronic medical record system and ensure accuracy of records.
- Ensure compliance with government standards and regulations, including necessary reporting procedures.
- Explore additional opportunities for governmental support.
- Help establish appropriate relationships with other health care organizations.
- Maintain knowledge of changes in government standards, health care innovations, economic and social changes that affect medical and health services.
- Coordinate volunteer program for practitioners and other nonmedical volunteers.
- Help clinic establish methods for reviewing the quality and appropriateness of clinical care and other health related services.
- Responsible for day to day operations of the clinic.
- Must have a diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of clinical experience.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years management experience, with 4 or more direct reports.
- Should be well informed on national guidelines.
- Be able to work with people of diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Have experience in program development and evaluation.
- Experience working in an informal settlement a plus.
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries. Applications without this information will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.