O’live Medicare Services is recruiting on behalf of their client a large multi-national pharmaceutical company an Area Health Educator staff for their innovative rural focused initiative.
Urgently need to fill the vacancy in Kericho particularly the Chepseon/ Kedowa area.
Create community awareness regarding the importance of preventative health practices to improve health status and quality of life through health promotion and education activities in the above given areas.
- Diploma in any Health Related /Social Field
- Minimum 2-3 years work experience
- Prior experience /training in community out-reach have an added advantage
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of the Cell Area, culture and geography
- Knowledge about common health issues
- Must have public speaking ability and can draw / convince public opinion
- Well presentable and mature
- Good verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work with a team and be a team player
- Live within the locality & speak the local language and dialect in addition to Kiswahili
Duties and responsibilities
- Successfully mapping groups and identifying Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the community
- Holding community level meetings based on the as targets in a month
- Continued penetration and coverage of the villages as per the given plans
- Arranging Health Camps in their area as agreed upon
- Submitting daily/weekly reports to their respective ASM or any other Manager as per the timelines
- Ensuring linkages and relationships with the necessary Ministries within the County Government, CHEWs, village health committees, and must be able to do all advocacy and outreach activities
- Any other duties as allocated
Those interested and are immediately ready to take up the position should send their applications & detailed CVs to email@example.com on or before 24th May 2014 5pm.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.