Parapet Group of companies is seeking to engage a dynamic Group Head of Finance who will have the vision and leadership ability to take the department into a new and exciting phase of its development as part of the senior management team.
The Board is looking for an individual with foresight, management focus and a firm grasp of finance realities of the cleaning industry and education industry.
Span of Control: Assistant Head of Finance, Accounts Payables,
Accounts Receivables, Cashier and Accounts Clerks
Reporting Line: Group Chief Executive Officer (GCEO)
Mission: The primary role is coordinating and directing the finance support activities at Parapet Limited’s group level, for all its subsidiaries and adding value to the activities at the country level.
Responsible for management of the finance function at Parapet Cleaning Services and Parapet Hospitality and business Institute. In addition, the Group Head of Finance will be responsible for overseeing the entirety of Parapet Limited’s operations as a general management function.
- Financial Reporting: The incumbent of this position will be the point person for overall accuracy of Group/Consolidated financial reporting.
- Risk Management: To ensure achievement and maintenance of reduced cost of risk without placing the companies in a position of risk exposure that could have a significant impact on its financial security and its mission and as well evaluate and assess all risks of loss and need for insurance related to the specific performance objective.
- Investment Management: Manage the safety of company’s income to ensure capital growth by visibly looking out for viable company investments
- Currency Monitoring: To ensure management of foreign exchange exposure
- Profitability Index: Monitoring of Parapet Group client’s project profitability
- Regional Financial Exposure: Controlling of Group financial operations and individual country laws
- Budgetary Allocation: Support the Group Chief Executive Officer on forward planning by allocating company and departmental budgets as per company’s profitability index.
- Financial Management: Ensure production of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, half year and yearly Group financial statement accounts.
- Compliance: Responsible for dealing with all tax matters, to ensure that tax reporting is carried out in an accurate and timely manner and minimization of our tax charge
- Audits: Responsible for Internal, external (Interim & Final) and Statutory audits are carried out in a timely as specified by the Company regulations.
- Cash Management: Responsible for preparing the monthly cash flow forecasts and better management of working capital in line with the company budget
- Credit Management: Responsible for receivable and payable credit management as per the company policy
- Controls: Ensuring internal controls are followed and closely monitored.
- Management of Finance Departmental Staff: Ensure cohesiveness in line with departmental work plan, budget control, QMS procedures and strategic plan.
- Group Chief Executive Officer
- Senior Management Team/Heads of Departments
- Finance Department – Parapet Cleaning Services / Parapet
Hospitality & Business Institute
- Government and regulatory bodies
- Consultants and Service Providers
- Company Suppliers
- Parapet Cleaning Services clients
Academic and Pertinent Qualification
- Masters of Business Administration degree in any related field is an added advantage
- Degree in Finance and Accounting from a recognized University.
- Possession of a CPA (K)
- Experience in utilizing computers, including word processing, excel, PowerPoint and sage or Pastel accounting software
- Experience of having worked in an audit firm and/or heading a busy finance department in the service industry for at least 7 years
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel
- Experience with Sage system / HRM Enterprise or any other ERP
- Knowledge in financial laws
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- People management skills.
- Highly developed business and commercial skills.
- Good management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the cleaning industry practices an added advantage
- Legal and regulatory framework governing the industry and
- Exposure in ISO certification processes.
- High integrity with ability to maintain strict confidentiality Good planning skills
- Self-driven and Results Oriented
- Innovator and creative oriented
- Strategic Thinker
- Multi-tasker who works effectively and efficiently under pressure and meets deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and communication skills
Key Skills Service Areas
- High Integrity
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good Leadership skills
Salary Range: 150,000 Gross – 250,000 Gross Salary