Alemun Pastoralists Empowerment Initiative has secured funding from UNDP-Amkeni to strengthen Pastoralists Local governance structures in areas where Oil and Gas Exploration is covering and devolution process. The area of focus is Turkana South and Turkana East sub counties in Turkana Counties.
The program intends to enhance the capacities of stakeholders in engagement in governance topical issues that are contemporary to areas of focus.
Required skills and experience
- Degree in social sciences, political science or related field and/or at least 3 years of relevant experience or
- Diploma in governance and development of social work or a related field of experience.
- Demonstrable experience in the coordination and/or implementation of development project especially Governance, peace building and conflict resolution focusing on institutional capacities.
- Experience in partnership building.
- Proven practical experience of development programming, including Capacity building and CBOs support.
- Proven practical experience of organisational development, community training, mobilisation and CBOs support.
- Good analysis and report writing skills.
- Ability to thoroughly handle multiple tasks at once and ability to plan and follow tasks through to completion.
- Ability to represent the APEI organization at County Stakeholders forums at County level..
- Well developed interpersonal and team skills and ability to adapt to rapidly changing external constraints under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and sensitively within different value systems and cultures.
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English and Swahili, good communication skills in spoken Ng’aturkana will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Word and Excel).
Date of issue: 12th May 2014
Closing Date: 29th May 2014
Send your applications, CVs & testimonials to address:
HR & Recruitment Panel
APEI – Kalapata building