Our client is a Kenyan company that is behind the “Bitez” range of brands.
It aims to serve all segments of the market by producing top quality products and to raise the standard and variety of regionally manufactured consumer goods through innovation and continuous improvement.
It is therefore seeking to hire a General Trade Sales Manager.
- Academic: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Sales and Marketing
- Experience: Minimum 5 -8 years relevant working experience in a similar position
- Other: Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Computer literate
- Proficient in English and Swahili
- Any combination of experience and / or education to perform the job allotted
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Polite and persuasive communication skills
- Flexible to work in non-working hours
- Works under minimal or no supervision
- Pays attention to detail
- Good liaison with other departments
- Ability to lead a team
- Passionate & Hard worker
- Sound Judgment
- Team player
- Can work under pressure
- Ability to negotiate and network
- Client Oriented
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing annual sales strategies, tactics and policies, and marketing plans
- Developing relationships with clients across the board
- Developing and overseeing distribution country wide
- Overseeing a sales team through distribution channel and company sales team
- Overseeing Sales Collection in General Trade
- Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets
- Maximising new business development opportunities
- Provides Information to the Top Management by collecting, analysing and summarizing data and trends
- Representing the business at Events, Trade fairs and any
Details of Function
- Manage and knowledge of Route to Market
- Ensuring product availability in all types of POP’s of General Trade.
- Assists sales personnel in achieving Sales Targets, Customer Complains, Liaising with Distributors and Stocking Points
- Holds regular meeting with sales staff
- Making Periodic Field Visit and Distribution Audit.
- Educates sales team by establishing programs/seminars/training in the areas of new account sales and growth, sales, of emerging products and multi-product sales, profitability, improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, proper use and level of sales support, management of expenses and business/financial issues on contracts.
- Make periodic accurate Sales Forecast
- Provides quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity.
- Coordinates and manage proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results.
- Formulates all sales policies, practices and ISO procedures.
- Interprets short and long term effects on sales strategies in operating profit.
- Collaborates with Accounts/GM/Sales Manager to establish and control budgets for Sales and Marketing related expenses
- Working closely with Accounts departments to ensure credit checks are smooth and to take action on Accounts on Hold
- Working closely with invoiced orders delivered to the customers in timely fashion.
- Protect organization’s value keeping information confidential AuthorityManages sales of the company’s products in Nairobi, Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning.
- Deployment and Management of Sales Personnel, Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales targets and earnings.
If you are up for the challenge kindly email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 9th June 2014, clearly indicating on the subject line the job applied for.