Autarsys GmbH is a German Company which provides turnkey-energy storage systems offering ready-made products for plug and play integration of renewable energy sources, mainly Solar PV.
The systems are containerized solutions ranging between 50 kW and 800 kW targeting commercial off-grid companies such as tourist facilities, agri-businesses and the electrification of communities. Autarsys is in the process of setting up a subsidiary in Kenya and is seeking to recruit a General Manager who will spearhead the establishment of a local office and developing the business.
Job Purpose: In this position, you will work closely with the German Office to build business development strategies for the Kenyan unit focusing on growing the project pipeline and identifying and mobilizing financial resources. You will also manage existing clients and projects as well as deepen client relationships.
In particular, you will be expected to;
- Work closely with the German Office to build business development strategies for Autarsys in the region including looking for new clients and projects
- Manage existing clients and projects (with support of a technical manager) and continuously seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Build up a knowledge management, including a database of (potential) clients, their business, their energy supply and consumption pattern
- Identify and mobilize financing sources (e.g. credit lines, international programmes for pilot projects, institutional and private investors etc.)
- Review the work of the Technical Manager
- Closely work together with the management team in Germany to develop a proper market and company development strategy
- Report to the management in Germany
- Overall management of the office in Nairobi
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or Finance (Masters degree preferred)
- 8-10 years professional experience in Business Development and/or financing (preferably in the field of energy projects and/ or innovative industrial solutions)
- Experience in proposal development and other project management cycle element
- Knowledge or experience of Kenya’s energy sector
- Good technical understanding
- Well-developed problem solving capacities
- Very good communication skills
- Willingness to travel
Send your application including a cover letter demonstrating why you are the best suited candidate for this role, a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Friday 13th June 2014
P O Box 6416, Nairobi,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.