Our client is a food products manufacturing company located in Nairobi seeking to hire a Food Technologist with hands-on experience in food processing. Candidates within the food industry are highly preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct standardized tests on food, beverages, additives, and preservatives in order to ensure compliance with standards and regulations regarding factors such as color, texture, and nutrients.
- Mix, blend, or cultivate ingredients in order to make reagents or to manufacture food or beverage products.
- Order supplies needed to maintain inventories in laboratories or in storage facilities of food or beverage processing units.
- Develops new and improved methods and systems for food processing, production, quality control, packaging, and distribution
- Working knowledge of ISO systems and TPM as well as knowledge of local OHS Act requirements
Qualifications and experience
- Diploma or degree in Food Science and Technology from recognized institutions
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing plant
- Strong English language skills, both written and spoken and a strong technical report writing skills
- Quality inspection
- Someone to uphold the ISO standards
- Able to develop products i.e. innovative and creative
- Excellent communication skills
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Food Technologist ) to email@example.com before 18th April, 2014. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.