COOPI in partnership with AU-IBAR and Terra Nuova, is implementing “Reinforcing Animal Health Services in Somalia” project which aims to improve the livelihoods and resilience to natural disasters and shocks of livestock dependent households in Somalia by enhancing the quality, access and sustainability of animal health services.
Implementation of the project is foreseen to strengthen the capacity of public institutions to deliver and regulate animals health services; strengthen public, private and community partnerships in animal health services delivery and surveillance and control systems for trade sensitive livestock diseases.
Position: Field Administrator
Reporting To: Project Epidemiologist and Project Administrator (Nairobi)
Duration: 26 Months (3 months probation period) with possibilities of extension
Location: Mogadishu in Banadir Region
1. Financial Management
- Keep base/project accounts
- Management and control of the cashboxes/bank accounts of the post
- Liaise with Administration, Logistics, and Data Department in Nairobi and field officer for documents preparation, finalization and tracking
- Filing of the vouchers, receipts and supporting documents in a timely and organized manner
- Organize the transfer of the documents to Nairobi, in coordination with the Project/Area Manager and logistics department
- Supervise transfers by cash or bank for the base/project, in coordination with the Project/Area Manager/(Project Administrator and the Regional Administrator
- Payment of base/project expenses according to the cash request for the month as approved/directed by the Project/Area Manager budget, upon approval according to COOPI procurement procedures
- Reconciliation of transfers by cash and by receipt from Coordination/Project Administrator to the base/project
- Monthly financial analysis/request (Running Cost/Salaries/Identified Project Activities as shall be directed by the Project Area Manager) of the costs according to the budget
- Preparation of monthly request of funds to be submitted to the Project Area Manager/Project Administrator for perusal, who shall procedurally submit to the Regional Administration
- Assist in the preparation of budget amendments in liaison with the project manager and the project administrator
- Provide guidance to the line Ministries on the appropriate financial, procurement and administrative procedures to apply when funds are disbursed to them.
2. Administrative Control:
- Supervision and monitoring of all the administrative aspects of the base/project (contract in the field, request for quotations, purchase orders) in liaison with the Logistics Dept and Project/Area Managers
- Preparation of base/project staff contracts in coordination with the regional administrator and the Area Managers
- Observance of COOPI and donor administrative procedures
3. Human Resources
- Maintaining base/project human resources records (management: contracts, job descriptions, leaves, benefits)
- Ensure the implementation of COOPI staff policy for the project staffs taking into account the national labour laws, taxation system and rules, social security and insurance rules, etc
4. Logistics and Procurement
- Oversee and monitor inventory and stocks management, ensuring that they are updated on a regular basis
- Periodic missions in support of base/project administrative functions
Qualifications & requirements
- Holder of a Bachelor of Commerce (preferably Accounting Option)/ Business Administration and Management Degree/Diploma.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Must have a clear knowledge of the region of operation.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use standard computing packages (word, excel, outlook, power point, internet etc)
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills;
- Experience working in fast paced humanitarian programming in Somalia is an advantage;
- The candidate must be detail oriented.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English Language. Knowledge of Somali will be an added advantage.
Start date: June 2014
Send by Email 1 page letter of expression of interest and updated CV by the Closing date: 3rd June 2014 to the following address:
The Regional Representative
Coopi – Cooperazione Internazionale,
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.