Safaricom LTD are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Network & Service Operation Department within the Technology Division.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Enterprise ISP Systems Support Engineer
Ref: TECHOLOGY-ESSE-MAY 2014
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Enterprise Technical Support – the holder of the position will provide 2nd Level Support and Operations of Enterprise ISP services; DNS, SMTP, POP3, Allot SGW, AAA, Solarwinds, cpanel, Ironport, Alvaristar, StarQuality, NPM, Namerservers, TACACs, MXs, RADiUS, CACTI, IPPLAN, SYSLOG Services, pure message systems for Spam Control & Anti-Virus, high-availability web services – Web Hosting, management of network and various operating systems – LINUX/UNIX, FreeBSD, CentOS, database management, virtualization, system & service level security policies and management.
The role holder will also provide 1st Level support for cloud systems.
- Operate and support large/complex ISP and Data center systems;
- Review production ISP system designs to provide improvement feedback to engineering in the selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology;
- Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on major design options;
- Ensures that system designs balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements;
- Carry out operation and support of all approved ISP systems to meet Service SLA and selected standards;
- Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business requirements to define processing needs;
- Prepare detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes;
- Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, hardware required, software development requirements and compatibility with current system;
- Ensure data backup management, scheduling and reporting for both internal corporate systems and data center systems;
- Record and maintain hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing;
- Audit security frameworks for existing and new systems;
- Ensure successful implementation and maintenance of defined security policies and standards across multiple platforms;
- Provide support to other internal teams in security management, security architecture standards and documentations;
- Participate in System project development from beginning to end;
- Proactively participate in ISP Systems change management to identify potential issues, and mitigation plans;
- Ensure System KPIs are met and maintain accurate records of all KPIs current to the day;
- Ensure systems rollout is timely to meet customer demands;
- Ensure services delivered meet minimum SLAs;
- Write and maintain all systems and services as-build documents;
- Manage and control systems improvement including the following environments: migration, engineering, quality assurance, training, sales, user acceptance testing, staging and production;
- Document ISP System support procedures.
- B.Sc in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience preferred;
- Strong experience in designing, implementing and Support of complex ISP systems in Linux/UNIX/CentOS, virtualization environment including HTTP/S, RADIUS, AAA, TCP/IP, DHCP, SNMP, DNS Services, Mail Services, Allot SGW, Spam filters and Anti-Virus;
- Good working knowledge and understanding of network management software systems (AAA, Billing,
- NMS, LDAP) and their interaction/integration with network elements,;
- Good working knowledge and understanding of software development technologies (Java, HTML), web services, web application development, MS SQL Server, multi-tier application systems;
- Working knowledge of software configuration, source control, build engineering, scripting and system administration is required;
- Detailed knowledge of UNIX operating systems and tools;
- Basic knowledge of SCM (software configuration management) products such as Subversion or CVS;
- 3+ years of experience supporting enterprise class applications in production environments;
- 3+ years of experience in managing UNIX-centric web deployments with clustering technologies;
- Proven track record of implementing highly complex web products;
- Heavy experience working in a virtualized environment (e.g VMWare) is required;
- Solid foundation in understanding and executing SQL queries;
- SaaS (Software as a Service) experience is a plus;
- Strong work ethic is a must.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below by Tuesday 3rd June 2014.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,
via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org