Kenya Power Applications are invited for the following vacancies with Kenya Power:
1. Project Engineer 15 Posts Job Ref: HR: KP1/5CB/3-557
Reporting to Senior Engineers, the successful candidates will handle the following duties and responsibilities:-
- Implementing programmes on network expansion and improvement to enhance network reliability.
- Undertaking network studies to determine areas requiring improvements.
- Developing plans for network enhancement and the requisite budgets.
- Sourcing for Contractors to undertake various projects.
- Ensuring design, construction and materials used comply with standards.
- Evaluating and approving project work plans, materials shipments and documentations for the project.
- Supervising construction works and ensuring that approved designs and standards are adhered to.
- Securing Company interests in the implementation of projects to ensure value for money.
- Issuing of project completion certificates, operational certificates and commissioning of projects.
- Developing standards for outsourced works and Contractor requirements.
- Ensuring adherence to ethical standards and conduct by Contractors in project implementation.
- Enforcing safety and environmental standards relating to construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Possession of an advanced degree will be an added advantage.
- Registered Professional Engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK)
- Seven (7) years relevant work experience in design, construction and projects management.
- Trained & qualified as a Designer for Distribution and Transmission lines.
- Demonstrate knowledge in Construction/or carry out a grand transmission and distributions project.
- Design related software /project management software applications.
Civil Engineers 2 Posts Job Ref: HR: KP1/5CB/3-558
Reporting to Chief Engineer, Construction or Projects as the case may be, the Civil Engineers will be responsible for:
- Management of civil works.
- Participation in distribution line survey, route and substation site selection prior to commencement of civil works.
- Supervision of civil works including design, construction and erection.
- Distribution lines hardware and materials specification.
- Preparation and evaluation of tender documents for construction of lines and substations.
- Supervision of contractors undertaking civil works related to construction of transmission lines and sub-stations.
- Preparing periodical reports on civil works.
Applicants should be in possession of the following:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from a recognized University.
- Registered Professional Engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK).
- Five (5) years relevant work experience ¡n the design and construction of civil works and projects management.
- Good working knowledge of foundations, steel and site layout, design and specifications of equipment/materials will be an added advantage.
- Computer proficiency in structural analysis and design software will be an added advantage.
Apprentice Engineers – Mechanical 13 Posts Job Ref: HR: KP1/5CB/3-559
- Candidates should have graduated from a recognized University with a degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 2nd Class Honours (Upper Division) and should display potential for achieving high results and being team players.
- Successful candidates will undergo a six-months training program at the Company’s Training School.The training program will include sessions in specialized aspects
- of the business accompanied by practical attachments within various installations and operations of the Company.
On successful completion, they will be absorbed in specific functions of the Company.
Interested persons should send their applications and detailed CVs, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, e-mail address, day time mobile / telephone contact and names of three (3) referees to reach the undersigned before or on Wednesday, 18th June 2014.
The Chief Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Kenya Power & Lighting Company Limited
P O Box 30099 – 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.