Safaricom Limited is pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Regional Operations Department within the Technology Division.
Engineer – Power Support
Ref: TECHNOLOGY- EPS-APR-2014
Reporting to the Senior Manager- Power Support, the role holder will be responsible for managing and coordinating technical issues relating to BTS/MSR and Remote site power equipment; coordinating Equipment Trials, Site power Upgrade Projects and equipment specification; maintaining the Site Energy Consumption database
(KPLC, fuel etc); NOPEX Reporting; Pro-forma Invoice Evaluation and Invoice Processing (Per site cost analysis and improvement actions); Recovery and Decommissioning / Redeployment of site Power equipment.
- The role holder will also be responsible for CAPEX planning,
- Forecasting and budgeting for Power Support equipment (generators,batteries, rectifiers, stabilizers, RPS systems, VRBs, AirConditioners); BTS and MSR energy cost reviews; Replacement and upgrade of power equipment on site and Power support contractor Management.
- Develop/recommend efficient BTS/MSR power solutions;
Track the trends of power consumptions of all sites (Ensuring
- BTS/ MSR generators/Aircon etc), run efficiently;
- Ensure Nopex savings from the recommended power solutions;
- Follow up with KPLC for quick commercial power restorations within agreed timelines;
- Ensure constant tracking of power connections on hybrid sites;
- Ensure decommissioning and re-deployment of equipment on hybrid sites;
- Ensure all weekly/Monthly Reports from contractors and FOs are submitted within agreed timelines;
- Analyze all reports and produce weekly/Monthly reports.
- Recommend appropriate and efficient power solutions to all assigned sites;
- Analyze all data on BTS site by site and the MSR’s (Electricity,Fuel, Leases, Power Support etc);
- Ensure that accurate supporting documentation by the contractorsand FO’s are provided for raising of PR/PO’s on BTS and MSR’s payments;
- Develop appropriate and efficient database for Power support functions;
- Maintain accurate and timely updates in the database;
- Schedule generator services and overhauls;
- University Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering;
- A minimum of 3 years hands on experience in electrical/Mechanical
- control systems in a GSM environment;
- Excellent Communication, analytical and presentation skills;
- Computer Knowledge In Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below by Thursday 1st May2014.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,
via E-mail to email@example.com