The Meru County Public Service Board wishes to advertise the following position in the Department of Public Service, Administration and Communication.
Director of Communication – Governor’s Office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing development and implementation of the communication strategy.
- Prepare press releases; react to media stories and proactive media reporting through the available channels.
- Planning and covering the governor’s functions and the county Government activities in electronic and print for dissemination to the media and public.
- Writing speeches for the Governor in English and Swahili.
- Developing a media strategy to guide the management on strong media relations program.
- Providing professional assistance in all areas of communication, public relation and media relation.
- Any other duties assigned by the office
Requirements for the Appointments
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be a holder of a Bachelor Degree in any of the following disciplines:
- Mass Communication, Journalism, Corporate communications or any other relevant Degree in a recognized university.
- Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than seven (7) years in public communication and at least two (2) at management level.
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
All applications, CV’s,copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed
Meru County Public Service Board,
P. O Box 120 – 60200,
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 28th May 2014 at 4.00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.