Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions. In pursuit of its ambitious growth plan, we are looking to fill the position below in our Underwriting Department.
Job Purpose: Overall purpose is to promote departmental efficiency by monitoring compliance within the set functional operational standards.
- The role enhances, reviews, and monitors quality improvement initiatives, identifies risk, and seeks appropriate mitigation.
- The jobholder is also responsible for the facilitation of development, implementation, evaluation, and improvement of functional performance.
- To assist in the follow up of implementation of the compliance matrix and the reports needed.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Under the supervision of the HOD, write up of standardized documents; undertake departmental/functional process amendments across the region.
- Generation and consolidation of departmental/ Management reports
- With the supervision of the HoD, document and disseminates policies and procedures for the general operation in the department:
- Periodical reviews and updates on departmental policies and procedures.
- Review and update policies and compliance measures to prevent or reduce risk
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and recommend initiation of investigative processes.
- Suggest ways of improving processing timelines and improving efficiency and at the same time escalate challenges and possible solutions.
- Assist the HoD in following up any compliance issues.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Degree in a business field
- At 3 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of working with MS Office packages.
- Business and Accounting knowledge an added advantage
- Previous experience in a compliance role in the insurance industry.
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly email your:
1. Application letter
2. Updated CV listing three references
3. Expected remuneration package
4. Availability should you be offered the position
By COB, Friday 14th February 2014 to email@example.com
Ensure that you quote the position in the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.