The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Charge Nurse – Critical Care Unit
Ref: HRD/CHN /05/14
Reporting to the Assistant Matron, the successful candidate will be responsible of running the ICU including:-
- Facilitating, monitoring and evaluating implementation of high standards of evidence based nursing and service delivery.
- Maintaining effective cross functional communication with admitting staff and other functions.
- Participating in family conferences.
- Effectively managing staff within the department.
- Advocating for continual improvement.
- Participating in preparing and managing the ward budget.
- Facilitating CME sessions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- KRN/KRCHN. BSc in Nursing is an added advantage.
- Higher Diploma in Critical Care Nursing.
- 7 years progressive working experience, 3 of which should be in a supervisory role.
- Excellent communication skills.
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference. Include your current remuneration, testimonials and give full contact details of 3 referees to:
The Human Resources Manager
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026
Nairobi – 00200
OR eMail email@example.com
To be received not later than 26th May 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.