Our client in the cleaning industry is looking for an experienced Business Development Executive who can improve the organization’s market position.
Only Mombasa residents will be considered. Interviews will be conducted in Mombasa.
Objective of the position: The purpose of this position is to improve an organization’s market position and achieve financial growth.
This person will build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of cleaning industry market conditions
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches-Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure the team meets them.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Diploma in Sales
- 2-3 years experience in sales in the financial, insurance or FMCG industry
- Computer proficiency
- Experience leading and managing a sales team
- Strong strategic and management skills
- Strong networking skills
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work with a deadline and multitask
- Excellent organization and decision-making skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
Email your resume, cover letter and current and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “ Business Development Executive-Mombasa” in the subject line.
Only candidates with a cleaning background will be considered.