Investing in Children and their Societies (ICS) is an International organization established in the 1980s currently with offices and initiatives in several countries in Africa and Asia while the head offices are in the Netherlands.
ICS invests in innovative entrepreneurship projects and social programmes in East Africa. The Africa regional office is located in Nairobi, Kenya. ICS envisages economically empowered communities and societies where people exploit resources available to them in order to increase household incomes and generate community wealth necessary to improve the quality of life. To do this, ICS together with local communities invests in development of various entrepreneurial initiatives to improve agricultural value chains in order to improve efficiency at production, value addition, processing and marketing.
Investments in entrepreneurship are then integrated with targeted social programmes on child protection and skillful parenting to create sustainable changes in the lives of children and their societies.
To realize this ICS closely cooperates with ProPortion Foundation in The Netherlands.
Business Developer for Youth
Period: 6 months (start June 2014)
Reports to the Program Manager for Western Kenya
- have a positive attitude?
- have a passion to make a difference in people’s lives?
- like networking and taking the lead?
- have a track record in working with young people and business startups?
- have experience in mentoring young people to set up their own (agri-) business?
- have experience in engaging young people into training?
- have entrepreneurship skills?
- have affinity with ICT and new solutions?
- Have the ability to engage with corporate partners?
- have at least five years of relevant professional experience with a reputable NGO, project or private sector organization?
- have a degree preferably in economics, agricultural economics, business administration or other relevant field?
If you feel this is a perfect match please send your application to email@example.com
Deadline for submitting applications is May 15th 2014.